Sasaki 5228200 Takumi Japanese AUS-10 Stainless Steel Paring Knife with Locking Sheath, 3.5-Inch, Black
Free Shipping Included! Sasaki 5228200 Takumi Japanese AUS-10 Stainless Steel Paring Knife with Locking Sheath, 3.5-Inch, Black by Sasaki at Wow Coupons Deals. MPN: 5228200. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Steeped in Japanese tradition, the stunning look and refined style of Sasaki Cutlery is the result of a 60-day process that is intensively implemented and overseen. Only premium materials are used in creating each knife. The blade is precision forged from a single 67-layered Damascus high-carbon stainless steel piece (The cladding) with a cutting core made of Japanese aus-10 “super steel. ” this vastly increases the Steel’s strength, flexibility, and hardness, it is heated at 1000 degrees
Product Description & Reviews
Steeped in Japanese tradition, the stunning look and refined style of Sasaki Cutlery is the result of a 60-day process that is intensively implemented and overseen. Only premium materials are used in creating each knife. The blade is precision forged from a single 67-layered Damascus high-carbon stainless steel piece (The cladding) with a cutting core made of Japanese aus-10 “super steel. ” this vastly increases the Steel’s strength, flexibility, and hardness, it is heated at 1000 degrees Celsius, then cooled down to 200-300 degrees Celsius. This treatment results in an incredibly durable, stain and corrosion resistant blade that delivers incomparable performance and outstanding edge retention. Giving the blade a razor-sharp edge is an exhaustive procedure of coarsely grinding, fine-honing, then finishing within an astounding 15-degree angle on each side, using a sand wheel that must be monitored and manually adjusted countless times throughout the process. The task is not complete until we have produced a visually arresting, powerful kitchen essential. The bolster is the juncture where the blade meets the handle, providing a counterbalance between the two for stability in your hand. On the Sasaki knife, The bolster is specifically designed and weighted to encourage a proper pinch grip – The correct form when holding The handle. It is also mirror polished to create a spectacular, glimmering focal point at the center of the knife. The handle is expressly engineered so you feel the power of the cutting process with each chop, slice, and dice. The handle is constructed of fiberglass, which is exceptionally durable and highly corrosion resistant. It is full tang (meaning, the steel of the blade runs all the way through the handle rather than simply attaching at the bolster), and triple riveted for superior stability and strength. Each knife includes a premium quality Japanese Saya (sheath) embossed with the Sasaki logo. A pin lock secures this protective cover on the blade, keeping it safe when not in use. To keep your Sasaki Cutlery at peak performance, we highly recommend using only a traditional sharpening stone to hone your knives. Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
Features & Highlights
- ULTRA-PREMIUM MATERIALS: Each Sasaki knife is produced utilizing cutting edge breakthrough technology and is precision forged from world famous 67 layered Japanese AUS-10 Steel. This incredibly durable stain and corrosion resistant material delivers incomparable performance. The addition of Molybdenum and Vanadium in AUS-10 steel dramatically increases wear resistance and edge retention.
- EXPERTLY CRAFTED HANDLE: The blade is hand mated to a full tang, triple riveted non-porous fiberglass handle which is exceptionally durable and provides a perfect weight balance.
- PARER KNIFE THAT'S DISTINCTLY DESIGNED: The Sasaki Parer knife places all the power in your hands with an edge that's sharpened at a 10°-15° per side, ensuring a razor sharp blade edge. This knife is an essential tool for intricate or delicate work, such as skinning, coring, or removing seeds from produce. Its compact size and light weight give the user complete control over the blade, allowing for precision cutting.
- PROTECTIVE, LOCKING SHEATH: A premium quality locking sheath is provided to protect the blade when it is not in use.
- EXPERTLY CRAFTED BLADE: Each knife is expertly crafted using a traditional multi-step process. First the blade is heated to over 1900 degrees F, and liquid nitrogen cooled to harden the steel to over 62 Rockwell hardness. Each blade is then tempered at 600 degrees F for two hours to reduce brittleness. Takumi knives are particularly notable for their beautiful, yet functional hammered design that creates small air pockets that reduce cutting friction and help prevent food from adhering to the blade.
Lifetime limited warranty
0.67 x 0.96 x 7.94 inches
3.27 x 1.34 x 11.85 inches
Have questions about this item (5228200), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Sasaki, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: 1565, ean: 3123840015656,
Inspired by traditional Opinel knife design, the Intempora kitchen knives are designed to have a comfortable grip while providing exceptional cutting quality. The blades are manufactured with Sandvik 12C27 Stainless Steel, which has a high carbon con...
mpn: 4960316534018, ean: 4960316534018,
Style: Paring Knife, Steel Type: Stain-Resistant Molybdenum Steel, Saya Cover: Not Included, Blade: Double-Edged, Available Size: 3.1'', Handle Material: Composite Wood, Weight: 2.5 oz, Hardness Rockwell C scale: 56-58.STAIN-RESISTANT STEEL ✅: Miso...
mpn: DCR3-01, ean: 0816411024142,
7.75'' overall. 3.25'' tumbled finish S35VN stainless blade. Black and blue G10 handle. Full tang. Black Kydex belt sheath.
mpn: CM725, ean: 4943691333001,
Global outstanding Paring knife GNFS-001, 3.5''. Model: GNFS-001. Manufacturer: Global. Model: GNFS-001. Manufacturer: Global.Model: GNFS-001. Manufacturer: Global. Paring Knife.